History & Properties
Himalayan Pink Salt has formed over 250 million years ago during the Jurassic era. The ancient sea beds inside these mountains, where this salt is mined were once covered by lava. The lava created a natural barrier that has prevented toxins and other pollutants from reaching the salt. Because of this natural protection, many people believe that Himalayan Pink Salt is the purest salt on earth.
The Himalayan people first used this salt as a preservative. It helped to keep their fish and meat from spoiling for long periods of time. The Himalayan people would use yaks to carry the salt during their journeys along mountains, cliffs, and rocky paths so they could trade this valuable product.
Today, Himalayan salt is mined from Salt Mines in Pakistan, located near the foothills of the Himalayas. Mining in this area is strictly regulated in order to preserve the purity of this product. The mines are massive, stretching almost a half-mile into the mountains with nearly 25 tunnels and 11 levels.
This salt is often referred to as “white gold” in the Himalayas.
Pink salt is used the same way table salt would be used in cooking and baking. However, Himalayan Pink Salt is higher in mineral content than traditional table salt. It is considered a true gourmet cooking salt by top chefs. It also adds interesting pink colors and different textures to foods. This salt is a wonderful ingredient in grilling, cooking, roasting, and seasoning foods.
Many believe Himalayan Pink Salt is beneficial in the following ways:
- Controls the water levels within the body
- Reducing sinus infections and sinus related problems
- Increases bone strength
- Reduces wrinkles
- Reduces cramps
- Helps to remove toxins from the body
- Improves sleep and elevates your mood
- Soothes and treats asthma patients
- A natural cure for many health conditions
- Excellent exfoliating agent and scrub
Animal Salt licks with 84 Natural mineral traces
- 100% All Natural Compressed Himalayan Salt, No additives, No binding agents.
- Ensures The Presence of Himalayan Salt Minerals Distributed Evenly Throughout The Licking Block
- Designed to have Curved Edges and a Smooth Surface to make it more Appealing & Animals can Freely Lick the Block without any Fear of Bruise.
- Great for All Animals and Livestock such as Horses, Cows, Buffalo, Camels, Sheep, Goats, Deer, etc.
- For animal consumption
- The granules are to be added or mixed with animal feed
- Strengthens immune system
- Increases milk yields
- Increases thirst in the animals
- Reduces nervous animal behaviors
- Decreases stressful behaviors such as constant licking, chewing on fences, etc
- Helps animals develop shiny & healthy coats
- Helps harden the hooves of animals
- Increases feed and forage intake
- Increases animal weight
- Reduces animal drowsiness
- Restores salt lost by animals via sweating in hot climates
- Increase in the threshold at which animals/horses sweat with exercise
- It helps in controlling the heartbeat normal, protecting blood from stroke, driving the movement, nervous and mental system of animals.
- Improves the digestive system of animals as sodium controls the PH and the chloride system controls the acidity in the blood